4ms Pedals - Dual Looping Delay
Availability: In stock
Ships tomorrow if ordered in the next 20 hours and 36 minutes!
4ms Pedals - Dual Looping Delay brings the delay concept into a more sample-oriented and rhythmically integrated dimension. With ultra-clean audio signals path, it won't be afraid of the tough "math-tests" of 4ms clock and modulation sources either.
The 4ms Dual Looping Delay (or DLD) is an advanced audio processor for creative synthesis. Not a tape or analog emulation but a modern crystal-clear digital delay, the DLD combines features of delay, looping, and sample-tight synchronization for powerful and dynamic sound capture and modification. The DLD is designed to integrate seamlessly with modular timebase and sequencing devices such as the 4ms Quad Clock Distributor (QCD), etc.
What is a "Looping Delay"?
Modern looping devices grew directly from hardware digital delays of the late 70s and early 80s. A looping delay, modeled onunits such as the classic Lexicon PCM42, has the very long storage times associated with dedicated looping, but without triggered record and playback functions. By default, a looping delay records and plays continuously, though recording can be suspended at anytime with Infinite Repeat. Sustain of delays and loops is mainly accomplished with regeneration, allowing an organic, evolving approach to sound creation as new material replaces old, more or less gradually. The 4ms Dual Looping Delay also provides advanced clock input and output facilities that allow for locking delayed and looped material with sequencers and rhythm devices of all descriptions.
The 4ms Dual Looping Delay is conceived and designed by Gary Hall. Implemented and manufactured by 4ms Company
- Two independent delay/loop channels, synchronized to a common time base
- Up to 88 seconds storage time for each channel, at 48kHz/16-bit
- Normaled connections of input and output for flexible use in mono, stereo, or dual mode
- Tap tempo and clock Ping input
- Delay/loop time set as a number of musical beats, up to 32
- Sample accurate clock output for perfect synchronization!
- "Time Math" switches for rhythmic delays in 32nd note and triplet time
- Digital regeneration, up to 110%
- Record Level control, independent of dry signal mix
- Delay-only Out and Aux In for feedback with external modules
- Infinite Repeat mode disables input and fixes regeneration at exactly 100%
- Triggered toggle input for Infinite Repeat
- Voltage control of Time, Record Level, and Regeneration
- Firmware-updateable as new features are developed
- 20HP Eurorack module