Tiptop Audio - Buchla Dual Oscillator Model 258t
Revived Buchla Dual Oscillator 258 in Eurorack format
Two independent voltage-controlled oscillators. Each has one processing input, a frequency modulation input and a 1V/oct input. Waveshapes, as well as frequency, can be voltage controlled. Model 258 oscillators feature low sine wave harmonic content, negligible settling error, and high short and long-term stability, even with rapidly changing ambient temperatures.
There are three trimmers for each oscillator on the back of the module: 1V/oct is the octave tracking trimmer and is set at the factory using high precision instruments. SHAPE is the trimmer that set the sine wave, for the lower harmonic content of the sine wave. VC WAVE SHAPE sets the response of the waveshaper to the incoming control voltage. Both SHAPE and VC WAVE SHAPE trimmers are used to adjust the sine wave purity.
- Revived Buchla Dual Oscillator 258 in Eurorack format
- Famous 200 Series module with minimal changes for an authentic recreation
- Each oscillator contains mirrored jacks and controls with only one difference between them: the waveshape control
- OSC 1's waveshape moves from sine to saw, while OSC 2's waveshape moves from sine to square
- Tini-jax and bananas have been replaced with 3.5mm Eurorack standard jacks
- Waveshape controls feature an input for modulation
- Processing attenuverter for extra scaling, inverting, and expansion of pitch
- Coarse and fine tune controls sweep the oscillator frequencies range from 5Hz to 20kHz with original "cps" and "kc" description
- 1V/Oct tracked pitch input
- Current draw : 70 mA +12V / 40 mA -12V
- Deep : 45mm