Make Noise - Optomix Revised Version
The Make Noise - Optomix Revised Version is a special module that adds colors, filtering and amplification to your audio signals! The latest circuit brings a sidechain effect possible with minimum patching. As in the case of other Make Noise modules, you can "pluck" the module via the strike input with a trigger signal. You do not need well-curved envelopes to modulate this VCA, it is already there in the module thanks to the vactrol circuit! [ ttenni a rev2-h”z]
Make Noise - Optomix Revised Version! New functions: the module accepts audio signals as well so one can creat sidechain compression with it - it also functions as a highly exponential envelope generator!
The Optomix is a two channel low pass gate that provides simultaneous voltage control over amplitude and frequency content of a signal. It is in essence, a Voltage Controlled Filter Amplifier (VCFA) that has an extremely organic response to control signals.
- DAMP parameter programs how low pass gate responds to falling control transient, continuously variable from long, slow and ringing to short, fast and muted
- STRIKE INput allows use of Gate signal to trigger Low Pass Gate circuit, "plucking" or "striking" the vactrol
- DAMP and STRIKE parameters combine to allow for easy programming of percussive sounds (sharp Attack w/ Voltage Controlled Decay)
- Summing stage with an AUXiliary IN allows for chaining of multiple units creating larger mixes
- Direct coupled, process audio or control signals
- Utilizes 4 vactrols
- Pairs well with modDemix modDemix and MATHS