Doepfer MSY2 MIDI-to-SYNC/Clock Interface
Elérhetőség: Nincs raktáron
The Doepfer MSY2 MIDI-to-SYNC/Clock Interface is a compact and external solution to turn your digital clock signals into analog clock and DINSYNC outputs. The traditional drum machines can also be controlled thanks to the DINSYNC outs. A little box that will connect the different beating hearts of your system.
MSY2 is an interface that converts the MIDI realtime events Clock, Start and Stop into the corresponding signals Clock and Start/Stop of the SYNC standard. This standard was used e.g. in the Roland devices TB303 bass line or TR808 rhythm composer.
- MSY2 is equipped with 2 SYNC DIN sockets (switched in parallel), a Clock miniature jack socket (3.5mm), MIDI-in and MIDI-Thru. SYNC-CLOCK is a periodic signal (0/+5V) representing the tempo. SYNC-START/STOP is a signal that indicates one of the 2 possible states: START = +5V, STOP = 0V. The Clock pin of the SYNC standard is additionally available from a miniature jack socket e.g. for synchronizing the arpeggio input of an analog synthesizer with MIDI.
- MSY2 enables the 1:1 conversion of MIDI CLOCK into SYNC CLOCK (i.e. 1 MIDI clock triggers 1 SYNC clock pulse), as well as the reduction of the tempo by dividing the incoming MIDI clock frequency by an integer factor. The factor can be set to any value between 1 and 16 with a DIP switch at the bottom of the MSY2. A factor 1 corresponds to the 1:1 conversion. In this case the pulse width of the clock output is fixed to about 4 milliseconds. 16 is the maximum of frequency reduction, i.e. after 16 MIDI clocks 1 SYNC clock appears. For all dividing factors beyond 1 the pulsewidth of the clock signal corresponds to the selected dividing factor.
- With two other switches the Start/Stop polarity and the Clock polarity can be changed for special applications not following the SYNC standard.
- Clock and Start/Stop are displayed with 2 LEDs.
- MSY2 is built into a stable metal case (about 60 x 60x 35 mm) made from 1 mm sheet steel, the case color is black.
- For the power supply of the MSY2 there are possible solutions: external power supply or supply via MIDI In. The external power supply version will work in any case (7...12V/100mA required). The power supply via MIDI will work only if the MIDI controlling device is in full agreement with the MIDI hardware standard. Inside the MSY2 case is a jumper to select the type of power supply. The factory setting is for external power supply. You have to try out with your MIDI device whether the power supply via MIDI in will work.
|Category Filter||Accessories, MIDI-CV interface|