Expert Sleepers - FH-1 'faderHost' USB MIDI Host
The Expert Sleepers - FH-1 'faderHost' USB MIDI Host is meant to create a new control tool of any class-compliant USB MIDI controller for your eurorack modular system. This ingenious concept does not stop here, as you can turn the outputs of the module into modulation sources that are clocked or controlled by your USB MIDI controller.
The Expert Sleepers - FH-1 'faderHost' USB MIDI Host is an 8HP Eurorack module, allowing you to directly connect a USB MIDI controller to your modular synthesizer.
Using a suitable connector box (e.g. this) "USB MIDI controller" here includes an iPad or plain old computer.
As well as simple direct control of the output CVs from MIDI CCs, the FH-1 also offers
LFOs on each output
Polyphonic MIDI/CV conversion
and much more
The FH-1's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 43mm
- Current draw: 64mA on the +12V rail, 27mA on the -12V rail (91mA total) (revision 1.1, from November 2015)*
- plus the power requirement of the attached USB device. See the manual for information on calculating the current draw on the +12V rail from the USB device. Outputs: 8
- Digital-to-analogue conversion: 14 bit
- Voltage range: jumper selectable between ±5V, 0-10V, 0-5V
- Inputs: 2 digital inputs for clocks etc.
- Trigger voltage approximately 1.8V
- USB socket: Type A
- Expansion: One header for connecting FHX-1 Output Expanders.
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 10 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
For more detail, please see the user manual.
*Revision 1.0 specs: 70mA @ +12V, 30mA @ -12V